My Blog List

Saturday, January 6, 2018

2018 WIPocalypse Introduction

Wow doesn't seem like another year should be starting, but here we are, and time to introduce myself to the new folks and set my goal or maybe it's more confessing my sins.

So who am I?  I'm a mother, grandmother, wife, sister and daughter who loves to cross stitch, needlepoint, quilting and knitting socks.   If I had to rank what I love most, counted cross stitch would have to be first, followed closely by needlepoint and then quilting and knitting socks tying for last place.  I've also dabbled in teddy bear making, but found I like collecting them more than making.

I am a serial starter, I love the start, get bored with the middle and reenergized when I got towards the end.  I have a tendency to go off the deep end with new endeavors, hence the large stash of wool roving from my spinning fever, the bin of teddy making supplies and the large container of sock yarn.  We won't mention all of the quilting materials or other sewing projects started by not finished.

So what do I hope to accomplish in 2018?  I'm going with the same goals as last year

My self-imposed rules will be as follows:
1. Must finish or at least make significant progress on 2 large projects ( I have 3 L&L angels that have/want to get finished for example)  Unfortunately this goal was not met in 2017 at all, so really going to work on correcting that in 2018.

2. Can’t start a new project without a finish of something (at least this will keep my WIP/UFO’s to their present number which is some place south of 100, but way north of 20).   2017 had more finishes than starts, so hoping to duplicate that again this year.

3. Don’t beat myself up for not stitching or getting something accomplished, this is meant to be fun and distressing, not a chore and stressful, I have my job for those qualities.

4. Be proactive blogging about progress, often times I don’t see the progress unless I take and post pictures.

Adding to these goals for 2018 are:

5. Try to continue stitching at least 3 times a week at lunch and at least one morning on the weekends.

6. Work on quilt tops that need to be assembled and/or make 2 new baby rag quilts

7.  Finish at least one pair of socks - preferably the pair that I'm working on the second sock.

They say that what you do on New Year's Day is what you'll be doing during the year.  So instead of starting a new project, which was really hard to resist.  I decided to work on  WIPs to see what I can get done.  So NO NEW STARTS, but rather been working on the following since the 1st:

First was Peter's Patch by Shepard Bush.  I finished the black checker inner border and started on Peter.  This has been my take to work project lately, but will be rotated out soon.  Want to keep it fresh and fun.

Then I worked on the beading on my fairy.  She has languished long enough and its time to get her done.  I working on getting the black backstitching done around her head and started to put in beading.  Found that I missed some stitching as well, the chart was very light and I just plan didn't see them.  My goal is to have her done and framed and to my middle daughter.

Last is my Nora Corbett Mermaid Letter A.   She will be one that I take to my groups get togethers.  I would really like to get this one done just because I can't stand stitching on it.  I had fun doing the Letter D Mermaid, but there wasn't the waves that are on A.....Yuk!!  So I'm hoping if I do a little bit each month, maybe by the end of the year it will be done, or close enough that I'll get the incentive to just get it done!!

Can't wait to see what others are planning for 2018.

Sandy







2 comments:

  1. Love your plans! Good luck with your WIPs and finishes... I had 2 new starts in New Year's Day so that doesn't bode well for my WIPs pile!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice your blog and article. I like this blog thank for sharing.

    หนังตลก

    ReplyDelete