My Blog List

Friday, December 1, 2017

Oh My God, my mistake is just glaring at me!!

I missed checking into the WIPocalypse last Sunday.  I was between trips - we spent Thanksgiving in Truckee CA at my brothers.  My parents came as well as my sister and her daughter.  We had a great time lots of good food and drink.

Got home Saturday, washed clothes and re-packed for 3 days in Boise where I trained some great accountants on how to file Home Health & Hospice Medicare cost reports.  Won't go into deal as it makes most people's eyes glaze over, but I love it.

I'm home again and back to stitching.  While at my brothers, I spend a few hours stitching on my Remember Me sampler.  I love it.  I was so happy with my over one stitching, looking pretty good right?

Well someplace, somewhere on the sampler I goofed big time!!  I am off 2 stitches so NOTHING is going to end up in the right spot now :(.  I can hear it laughing at me.....saying "hahahahahahaha you can't fix me now, you can't even find out where you goofed - silly lady".

I started to put in a motif on the left side and saw that it didn't line up, so that is when I went to the bottom, figuring I would do the words and the outer border and then work my way into the middle.  I didn't take the picture of the start of the outer border because it's off and I know I need to take it out and move it over 2 stitches.  I can't turn the corner correctly, so mad at myself.  Why do my projects taunt me and glare at me and get sassy?  I trying to be loving and kind to them and this is what I get in return.......YUKY-Ducky.   If it wasn't that I really do like this one, it would go into the dark depths of the never to be seen again bin.  But because I want it finished, I will figure out how to fudge it so it works.  Maybe one day I'll do a blog on my major mistakes, or maybe I'll just keep those to myself.

Hope to have some finishes to post in another week as I have to get the Christmas present out the door.  Haven't sewn a stitch or cut out ONE pillow case - don't think I'm going to be doing any pillowcases this year except for my Dad who had a specific request for Snoopy.

Well going to go to bed and tomorrow I'll be ripppppping out my hard work from my lunch hour today :(

Hopefully your projects are taunting you and glaring at you.

Sandy






1 comment:

  1. Yes, my projects do sometimes taunt me and glare at me! They should be glad that we chose to give them a home! I had a counting error on a project that I could never find. To this day, I look at it, it's now finished, and still can't find where I went wrong. Nice picture of the Thanksgiving spread:)

    ReplyDelete